Thursday, September 14, 2017

#3 & #4 All About Me


ALL ABOUT ME: 
Mr. Winkelman
I have been many things in my lifetime: Accountant, Executive, Salesman, Director, Contractor, Teacher, and a Pastor.

Currently I teach at North Star Charter School in Eagle, Idaho. We are a Public Charter School that has students from Kindergarten all the way to the Twelfth Grade. I wouldn’t want to work anyplace else! I teach 6th Grade Computer Science, 7th Grade Business Technology and 8th Grade Personal Finance. North Star is a great place to work, and I am on my second year here.

I met my wife at Seattle Pacific University, we got married when I was at West Valley College, Then we moved to Oregon where I went to Western Oregon University. We moved to Idaho and I went to work for a company called The Golden Rule Group--then I went back to Oregon to go to Oregon State University to get my teaching degree. Later I would also attend Northwest Nazarene University, Nazarene Bible College, and Boise State University where I would get my Masters of Education Degree.
I have three kids: Cameron (28), Leslie (25), and Britain (22). Cameron lives in New York, New York and works in the Times Square area downtown. Britain is in the restaurant business and manages a restaurant-movie business in Nampa. Leslie has a marketing degree from NNU and works in marketing as a free-lance artist. She designs and creates incredible western horse tack and boots.
In my classroom in Guesyni, Rwanda


I am also a Pastor of a community Nazarene church in Middleton, Idaho called Fill my Cup. I love being a Pastor and being in a position where I can help people in all areas of their lives.


Two summers ago (July 2014) I was able to travel to Rwanda, right on the equator of Africa. We were there for two weeks, and trained young men and women in Biblical studies. I taught a course on the Book of Acts. Some of my students travelled over one hundred miles, by bicycle or walking. Some had to sneak over the border from the Republic of the Congo, because of civil war in Burundi. It was an AMAZING EXPERIENCE! I cannot wait to go back again!

WHAT YOU MUST DO:

Now you create a POST that tells us everything all about you.


No comments:

Post a Comment